This Fat Bike Race is open participants 14 years or older (those under the age of 18 must be registered by their Parent or Guardian). Please visit the event website for additional information (once available). All other updates on the status of the event will be made available through acidotic RACING's social media outlets (Facebook & Twitter). Please give us a Like and a Follow to stay up with current events.
Find your chance to ride a Fat Bike Ski at one of these events. We'll have demos at each of these and will be racing in many of them too! Get stoked and come out to ride!
On March 4, 2017, we celebrate the burgeoning fatbike culture by hosting an event and demo day. Group rides, vendors, bon fire, fun games, races and beverages.
Kingdom Trails and MTBVT are scheming for some of the best Winterbike shenanigans yet!!!
Technically, Winterbike is still a 1 day event on Saturday- but we have added a couple of extra activities around that one day of fatbike debauchery.
The Stowe Derby is one of the oldest and most unique ski and Fat Bike races in North America. It started in 1945 as a personal challenge between two amazing skiers - Austrian, Sepp Ruschp who was hired to come to America and head the new ski school at Stowe and Erling Strom, world famous mountaineer from Norway. The challenge was the same as it is today - to race from the top of Mt. Mansfield, Vermont's highest peak to the historic village of Stowe... on ONE pair of skis! The ultimate test of a skiers ability. Ruschp was the winner of the first Stowe Derby.
A FAT BIKE RACE IN BEAUTIFUL WOODSTOCK, VERMONT ON A LONG, CIRCUITOUS, EPIC COURSE!
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2017
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE WOODSTOCK INN & RESORT’S
WOODSTOCK NORDIC CENTER (at the Woodstock Country Club)
76 SOUTH STREET, WOODSTOCK, VT 05091
REGISTRATION OPENS AT 8 AM
MEN’S RACE: 10 AM START
WOMEN’S RACE: 10:05 AM START
FattyFest offers experienced fatty-riders and newcomers alike the opportunity to shake off the cold, embrace the season and spend time with friends on bikes. There will be demo bikes, a demo area, recreational tour routes and races (Expert and Sport classes) – something for everybody!
STAB and Ascutney Outdoors present the inaugural (not counting last year's almost-happened) Fatscutney Fatbike Race - mostly singletrack, roughly 10 miles, great prizes, and a whole lot of other stuff to do on the mountain - ski events, snowshoeing, backcountry gear demos, and more!
Join us for a fun-filled day of fat biking on snow! We'll have guided tours and a demo area, hot chocolate, grilled brats and a fire pit- all for FREE! We'll also have some nifty door prizes. Bring your own fat bike, try out a demo or rent a bike from SHP. It's all for fun so come enjoy a winter's day outside with us at Stratham Hill Phat!
JANUARY 30TH 2016 - FAT AVALANCHE STAGE
• Location: Ski Bromont mountain
• Course lit at night (nuit Blanche)
• Course closed circuit 4 DH cross style.
• Start 4 eliminators per round
• Descent approximately 1 km
• Course composed of burns, jumps, rollers and obstacles created from snow.
• Surface mechanically made.
• Entertainment on-site, chalet, cafeteria, exhibits, bike demonstrations
• Descent 100% guaranteed fun and excitement
JANUARY 31TH 2016 - FAT CROSS STAGE
• Location: on the grounds of theCentre National de Cyclisme de Bromont (400 Shefford road)
• Course type cross country XCO
• Start Le mans style
• Loop approximately 3.7km ...8 rounds for the pros (approx. 30km)
• Course mainly composed of single-track in the woods with burns, jumps, rollers and obstacles created from snow.
• Surface compacted by snowmobile and machinery
• Entertainment on site, chalet and lodging, cantine service, exhibits, bike demonstrations, games for children.
• Suffering is to be expected and 100% fun guaranteed.
Find a showing in your area to see Fat Bike Ski founder, Brooke Scatcahrd, on the biggest screen in the ski industry!
We'll be at a couple of the Vermont shows with the Fat Bike Ski on hand if you're a VT local.